George Randall discovered these on his last trip to sunny Arizona and thought these bitter would go over great here- and we can’t disagree with him! AZ Bitters Lab produces two small batch bitters, Maz Mole with cocoa nibs and chiles; and Figgy Pudding.
These intense, aromatic bitters add so much to any classic cocktail. We’ve posted a couple of recipes below to get you started.
- 2 oz reposado or añejo tequila
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 1 oz agave syrup (half agave nectar, half water)
- 1-2 dashes of AZBL Más Mole bitters
Add all ingredients in to a shaker, add ice, shake for 20 seconds, double strain into a rocks glass filled with ice.
- 2.5 oz of your favorite rye or bourbon
- 1 oz of good sweet vermouth
- 1 dash of AZBL Figgy Pudding bitters
- (optional) 1 barspoon of Luxardo Maraschino liqueur
- garnish, orange zest
Add whiskey, vermouth, maraschino, and bitters to mixing glass. Add ice, stir for 20-30seconds, strain into chilled rocks glass (no ice). Rub orange zest around the rim and drop in glass
And a variation on the Old Fashioned, with Apple Brandy and MAs Mole:
- 2 oz Laird’s Applejack
- 0.25 oz Averna
- 0.25 oz Sweet Vermouth
- 2 dashes AZBL Más Mole bitters
- 1 sugar cube
Drop the cube in a glass and douse with a couple of dashes of bitters. Splash in a bit of Applejack and muddle. Add remaining ingredients along with some ice, stir, strain into a Old Fashioned glass with a single piece of ice. Orange peel for a garnish.